From: Zhang Le <r0bertz@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] About "Xfce Configuration Guide"
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 08:32:04
1 Hey guys,
2
3 I think maybe there is an unnecessary step in xfce-config.xml.
4 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xfce-config.xml
5
6 It is: "First, make sure you've setup Xorg as shown in the X Server
7 Configuration Howto."
8
9 If user strictly follow X Server Configuration Howto (
10 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xorg-config.xml ), he would install the whole
11 xorg-x11 meta package, which is not necessary.
12
13 Since xfce4-settings already depends on xorg-server, so just emerge xfce4 would
14 be enough.
15
16 AFAIK, xfce guide is the only guide which mentions xorg guide among our four
17 DE/WM guides:
18 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gnome-config.xml
19 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/kde/kde-config.xml
20 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/fluxbox-config.xml
21
22 Or, instead of removing this step, how about we change it to "First, please
23 setup VIDEO_CARDS and INPUT_DEVICES variable correctly as described in X Server
24 Configuration Howto"?
27 Zhang, Le
28 Gentoo/Loongson Developer
29 http://zhangle.is-a-geek.org
30 0260 C902 B8F8 6506 6586 2B90 BC51 C808 1E4E 2973