From: "José Luis Rivero (yoswink)" <yoswink@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Cc: releng@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] 2007.0 mojo
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:08:34
1 Josh Saddler escribió:
2 > 2) update kernel install directions: no more "cp vmlinuz foo" or any
3 > more "cp arch/whatever bar". let's get this thing modernized. No need
4 > for it; a simple "make && make modules_install && make install" does the
5 > whole thing for you, no manual intervention is required, beyond reading
6 > grub.conf to make sure it's pointed to kernel /vmlinuz. "make install"
7 > is much better than the cp crap.
8
9 Excuse me if I'm missing something here but: Is the make_install able to
10 put bzImage in /boot? although /boot is in a different partition?
13 > Thoughts? Also, can I get some help in tracking down people from the
14 > alpha, hppa, sparc, and MIPS arch teams on answering a few questions,
15 > such as do they have a packages CD for this release (or any other
16 > CD/media changes), what version will their included kernel be, any
17 > changes to the CFLAGS currently listed at the top of handbook-$arch.xml,
18 > etc. Maybe someone from releng knows all that? Would be much
19 > appreciated, thanks. Well, in addition to finding out the usual "has
20 > anything changed in the install procedures for your arch in this
21 > release". ;)
22
23 Probably contacting with the arch teams via aliases (e.g.
24 alpha@g.o) is the easiest way of handle this.
25
26 Cheers.Regards.
29 Jose Luis Rivero <yoswink@g.o>