From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] 2007.0 mojo
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 11:25:29
Josh Saddler wrote:
> Anyway, that's my plan -- I've a few lists of TODOs for stuff, > especially for the networkless docs, that will be fairly intensive. Now, > from the translators point of view, what do you and don't you want to > see me do to the docs in draft/?
I'd start with copying current 2006.1 stuff into draft (be sure to include CVS revision in the commit message as we don't use better SCM that would keep track of that), then applying any changes that are required without any revbumps *and* without mixing content and formatting changes. Each commit should either touch the real content (and nothing else) or just change formatting, fix typos etc. It's a real PITA to go through a diff for a paragraph just to see someone fixed spelling in one word or (even worse) just re-wrapped text. As an alternative, point me to a working diff implementation that ignores XML formatting and just shows the real changes :). <insert usual warning about yoswink's knife here /> Cheers, -jkt -- cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth