From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] 2007.0 mojo
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 11:25:29
1 Josh Saddler wrote:
2 > Anyway, that's my plan -- I've a few lists of TODOs for stuff,
3 > especially for the networkless docs, that will be fairly intensive. Now,
4 > from the translators point of view, what do you and don't you want to
5 > see me do to the docs in draft/?
6
7 I'd start with copying current 2006.1 stuff into draft (be sure to
8 include CVS revision in the commit message as we don't use better SCM
9 that would keep track of that), then applying any changes that are
10 required without any revbumps *and* without mixing content and
11 formatting changes. Each commit should either touch the real content
12 (and nothing else) or just change formatting, fix typos etc. It's a real
13 PITA to go through a diff for a paragraph just to see someone fixed
14 spelling in one word or (even worse) just re-wrapped text.
15
16 As an alternative, point me to a working diff implementation that
17 ignores XML formatting and just shows the real changes :).
18
19 <insert usual warning about yoswink's knife here />
20
21 Cheers,
22 -jkt
25 cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth