From: Flammie Pirinen <flammie@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] 2006.1 Handbooks Status
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 23:24:51
1 2006-09-10, Marco Mascherpa sanoi, jotta:
2
3 > At the moment i'm having some doubts though: so far, when updating a
4 > manual to the next version, the procedure, or the habit, was to copy
5 > in the CVS the old manual (let's say 2006.0) in the new one (let's
6 > say 2006.1): this way it was easy for us translators to track down
7 > what had changed and update our localized documents.
8 >
9 > This time it seems to me something has been done differently: the
10 > draft directory contains some of the changes that have been done on
11 > the old version of the manual but, apparently the documents that were
12 > changed weren't the same as the 2006.0 version, but were changed
13 > before being committed to draft. Am i right?
14
15 I noticed the same thing some time ago. This isn't a big problem
16 though, as you can easily generate the same diffs from 2006.0 to 2006.1
17 by something like:
18
19 $ for f in 2006.0/*xml; do diff -Naur $f ${f/2006.0/2006.1}; done
20
21 in cvs/.../doc/en/handbook/
22
23 I found that the easiest way to view actual changes since I hadn't
24 tracked the changes in draft at all.
25 --
26 Flammie, Gentoo Linux Documentation’s Finnish head translator
27 and FlameEyes’ bot <http://dev.gentoo.org/~flammie>.