From: Alexey Chumakov <achumakov@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Re: [RFC] Marking unmaintained documents
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 07:52:30
1 Xavier Neys пишет:
2 > Notes:
3 > 0) All languages must have a metadoc.xml. Not a problem IMO. <metadoc/> will do
4 > for currently unsupported languages.
5 > 1) We have to use metadoc and *may not* test the corresponding file (ie.
6 > s:/pl/:/en/:) as that would force us to keep files we want to remove in /doc/en/
7 > until all translated versions have disappeared.
8 > 2) We need to use the dates and not the versions because using the versions
9 > would force us to compare handbooks file by file.
10 > 3) Reminder: the date of a handbook is the max_date(master, all parts)
11 > 4) Some of you need to stop bumping dates needlessly
12 > 5) link attributes must contain the full path, no more <book
13 > link="handbook-x86.xml"> (not required on my test site, but would be on www.g.o)
14 >
15 > At the moment, it is limited to /doc as dates are not reliable outside of /doc
16 > anyway (not yyyy-mm-dd formatted or not bumped properly).
17 >
18 > Samples:
19 > http://gentoo.neysx.org/doc/fr/handbook/2005.1/
20 > http://gentoo.neysx.org/doc/pl/nvidia-guide.xml
21 >
22 > FYI, an inserts would like like
23 > http://gentoo.neysx.org/doc/en/inserts-en.xml?passthru=1
24 >
25 > Please comment.
26 >
27 As for me, it's good that we only give a hint -- it's up to our user to
28 decide if the doc is really obsolete.
29 Great solution Xavier!
30
31 WKR,
32 Alexey Chumakov