From: Xavier Neys <neysx@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] [patch] integrate ia64 bootloader into common
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 17:50:28
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > so which is ? first people complain when i made ia64 specific documents, now
3 > people complain when i try to combine them
4
5 Nothing's changed. ARCH-specific files that have hardly anything in common
6 with other files are fully justified. This applies to
7 hb-install-ia64-bootloader.xml: no framebuffer, no gub, no lilo, and elilo
8 which is ia64-only.
9 I haven't checked hb-install-ia64-{medium,disk,kernel}.xml but I have a hunch
10 they share quite a bit with x86 & amd64. You should know that better than
11 anyone else as you added/edited/removed bits from an x86 or amd64 version to
12 create the ia64 files.
15 Cheers,
16 --
17 / Xavier Neys