From: Xavier Neys <neysx@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] [patch] integrate ia64 bootloader into common
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 17:50:28
Mike Frysinger wrote:
> so which is ? first people complain when i made ia64 specific documents, now > people complain when i try to combine them
Nothing's changed. ARCH-specific files that have hardly anything in common with other files are fully justified. This applies to hb-install-ia64-bootloader.xml: no framebuffer, no gub, no lilo, and elilo which is ia64-only. I haven't checked hb-install-ia64-{medium,disk,kernel}.xml but I have a hunch they share quite a bit with x86 & amd64. You should know that better than anyone else as you added/edited/removed bits from an x86 or amd64 version to create the ia64 files. Cheers, -- / Xavier Neys \_ Gentoo Documentation Project / /\ http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ -- gentoo-doc@g.o mailing list