From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] A new lead
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 18:42:25
Previously you wrote:

> So maybe we should really think about migrating to wiki format. It will > be much easier to communicate about pages, as the chatting is on the > page itself, and editing is really no brainer.
I'm not part of the doc team. I write docs for myself, often while I do the work. The above prose, has been proposed numerous times, only to be shot down. Seriously, separate wikis, one for the the approve 'inner circle' and a separate wiki for us commoners, would be keen and result in an explosion of useful information. After all, isn't this what we have, except the inner (doc) circle has no influence over the unofficial wiki? After some time, the inner circle could find a way to publish(convert) from either wiki to the form desired by the inner circle (handbook?)....? GIT is the future, so, when it is forced on me, sure, I'll use it..... or just when something I really want, requires me to read and learn about GIT in some detail...... James