From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] gentoo cluster project
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 17:29:24
1 Hello Sven et. al.,
4 I was not sure where to post, so I figured I'd post to this group.
7 There is an active gentoo cluster project located here:
8
9 https://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/cluster/
10
11 I have had correspondences with them.
12
13 However they are not listed here:
14
15 http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Category:Gentoo_Projects
18 Suggestions as to where to request adding the historical
19 gentoo cluster project to the wiki are most appreciated.
23 Also, there has been much discussion about "herds" both organization
24 and usefulness. It'd be great if when the dust settles someone with
25 keen insight documents just how "herds" (if they survive) and
26 "projects" are to be defined and used by the gentoo community.
29 Last question/point of clarification: You have to be a dev to be
30 in a herd. Do you have to be a dev to be listed on a gentoo project?
31 Is there a sub-status for projects, like receiving email to the group?
32 Surely anyone can join an irc channel or discussion group. An
33 overarching semantic and documents explaining these and other related
34 semantics would be very useful to the gentoo user community, imho.
37 cheers!
38 James