From: Mateusz Arkadiusz Mierzwinski <mateuszmierzwinski@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] enabling CONFIG_SYSVIPC in the kernel for nvidia and others.
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 20:07:47
@Dale - I think that XORG (xserver) ebuild should check SYSVIPC is enabled
and push some warnings on the screen like:

---
* Warning: SYSVIPC in your kernel configuration is not enabled. Some drivers
like nVidia properitary drivers
* depend on it and will not function properly when SYSVIPC disabled. Please
enable SYSVIPC to build and load
* that drivers.
---

or better push an error when building. As drivers still evaluate we don't
know what developer of some company will include Inter Process Communication
in projects and final builds of drivers.

Is there way to patch any kernel (like gentoo-sources) emerged with Gentoo
to enable this flag by default and set this as constant that cannot be
changed by user?

Mat.

-- Mateusz Mierzwiński Bluebox Software http://www.blueboxsoft.pl/mateusz-mierzwinski