From: "Aaron W. Swenson" <titanofold@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] RFC: PostgreSQL Documentation
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 12:58:13

I think the documentation I've written[1] for PostgreSQL is pretty well
set to be published. I'm submitting it here for a final review.

It's intended to replace the existing postgres-howto.xml.

Some items that have been removed from this version of the documentation
from the old one:
  - No comparison to MySQL
  - Does not instruct users to give the 'postgres' system user a
    password (A potential security risk)
  - Does not instruct users in creating a database and/or role (This is
    better left to the official tutorial, which this doc points to)

[1] http://dev.gentoo.org/~titanofold/postgresql.xml

- - Aaron