From: Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden <webkiller71@××××.be>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] hb-install-x86-kernel.xml
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 14:30:20
1 While I was translating hb-install-x86-kernel.xml, I came to the next part:
2
3 If this isn't the case (i.e. the symlink points to a different kernel
4 source) change the symlink before you continue:
5 (lines 87 & 88)
6
7 I think this should be something like
8
9 If the symlink doesn't point to the right kernel, you should change it to
10 the right kernel:
11
12 because this implies that it should point to linux-2.4.26-gentoo-r6.
13 maybe it's perfectly clear (I already knew it) but for the beginner who
14 read in the example that it points to linux-2.4.26-gentoo-r6 and then
15 reads "if this isn't the case" may think he's wrong while he is right
16
17 just my opinion
18
19 furthermore, is udev still not the default? by configuring your kernel
20 that way you are forced to use devfsd since automaticly mounting it at
21 boot makes the use of udev impossible (and I speak from experience)
22 shouldn't we at least point out that there is udev? (give the URL to the
23 conversion howto
26 gentoo-doc@g.o mailing list