From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] [cbeamer@interlynx.net: Kudos]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 09:44:58
1 This is to all of you.
2
3 Sven Vermeulen
4
5 ----- Forwarded message from "C. Beamer" <cbeamer@×××××××××.net> -----
6
7 Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 18:49:53 -0500
8 From: "C. Beamer" <cbeamer@×××××××××.net>
9 To: swift@g.o
10 Subject: Kudos
11
12 Hi,
13
14 I'm a reasonably new Gentoo *user* (September 2005). I just wanted to
15 tell you how wonderful I think the Gentoo documentation is! I don't
16 have a computer science background, although I have taken a basic Unix
17 course, but anything I've attempted to do has been painless when
18 following the related Gentoo document.
19
20 My latest accomplishment was upgrading to MySQL 4.1 and the
21 documentation for this was easy to follow. It still amazes me that when
22 I do something in Gentoo, it just works ... I keep waiting for error
23 messages on an install and with rare exception the never come. The
24 latter is because of the excellent developers, but the documentation
25 makes working with Gentoo very painless.
26
27 I just wanted to let you know how good I think the documentation is and
28 how much I appreciate the people involved in the documentation project.
29
30 Regards,
31
32 Colleen Beamer