From: George Hedfors <george.hedfors@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] Suggestion regarding compile order when emerging system
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 08:47:53
1 Hi.
2
3 I've found out several times that I have to recompile perl manually
4 during the "emerge -e system" process due to some error becouse perl
5 was unable to locate the proper gcc.
6 During the installation I change the CHOST in /etc/make.conf, which
7 then changes the location of gcc according to gcc-config, but after
8 this, perl has to be reinstalled for it to be able to compile modules
9 properly.
10 My last problem occured when installing perl-dev/Locale-gettext. It
11 was unable to find -lintl due to a previous problem when installing
12 the library, perl was unable to use gcc.
13
14 My suggestion would be to have the compilation of perl earlier in the
15 progress when emerging "system".
16
17 Thanks, George.
20 PGP Fingerprint:
21 4BB9 7A99 3DB5 52AA 8CEF 4DFB 32F2 41AC 0EF2 D595
24 gentoo-doc@g.o mailing list