From: Curtis Napier <curtis119@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Zsh article
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 05:12:36
>> On Saturday 18 of February 2006 03:35, Henryk Konsek wrote: >> Hi. >> As far as I know there is not section in Gentoo documentation >> concerning Zsh configuration. I've written sample article covering >> basic Zsh installation and configuration issues. I would be >> grateful for any feedback concerning my doc. >> >> Greetings. >> HK
Hi Henryk, thank you for writing this. We appreciate your efforts. :-) Gentoo documentation is written in guideXML. It is a very simple markup language similar to HTML. Although we will still accept your submission in HTML, someone will have to convert it for you and we are all volunteers. If you want to help out and do this yourself you can read the documents listed below. Also, as you probably know, Gentoo docs are offered in many languages. If you want to translate to any language you read/write we would appreciate it very much! This is a HOWTO on using the guideXML markup language. This is the only document you have to read in order to make your document guideXML. The others are all optional depending on how much you want to do. http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xml-guide.xml This one is a little technical. It covers how to set up a local testing environment to ensure your guideXML is error free. You don't have to do this if you don't want to. The docs team will take care of it for you if you don't want to or don't have the time. http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gdp/doc/doc-tipsntricks.xml This one shows you the steps your document will go through in order to be accepted and put on the website. You can do as many or as little of the steps you want yourself. The docs team will fill in the rest. http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gdp/doc/doc-policy.xml We submit docs to bugs.gentoo.org, you can start a new bug and assign it to the docs-team as a new document and attach your document to the bug. Here is a direct link that will open a new bug report assigned to the docs team. Just make sure to click "New Documentation" under the Component option. Thanks again! --curtis -- gentoo-doc@g.o mailing list