From: Xavier Neys <neysx@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Why do we run all commands as root in docs?
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 14:17:59
1 Łukasz Damentko wrote:
2 > Now situation looks really strange. We encourage users not to use root
3 > account in security docs, but all over our place, in every code
4 > listing, we have root prompt ("#") which suggests users to use that
5 > account to perform all the actions.
6
7 Most of our docs are about installing and configuring stuff so it's not really
8 a surprise most prompts are #
9
10 > My idea is that we should use "$" - user prompt - whereever command can
11 > be or should be run as normal user.
12
13 Right.
14
15 > Example?
16 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gdp/doc/doc-tipsntricks.xml:
17
18 Fixed.
19
20 If you find others, please file a bug and start listing them.
21
22 Cheers,
23 --
24 / Xavier Neys