From: Joshua Saddler <nightmorph@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Where can i download the latest trads (or trads.rb) from?
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 00:12:45
1 On Tue, 11 May 2010 01:45:12 +0200
2 Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 05/10/10 19:16, Joshua Saddler wrote:
5 > > All you can do is check archive.org. That's what I had to do when I
6 > > recovered a text-only version of the Gorg howto. Had to completely XMLify
7 > > it from scratch, and do the editing all over again.
8 > >
9 > > Anything else you're looking for should be on archive.org, too -- just use
10 > > the Wayback Machine link at the top.
11 >
12 > So he lost both the domain and the content?
13
14 I have no idea.
15
16 Content loss is what I implied by mentioning the Wayback Machine. If Xavier has a backup, it's not anywhere on the internet that I've seen. This is it.
17
18 The WM's most recent snapshot is from March 2008. Now, I don't *think* the site's been down that long; I recall accessing it more recently in the last two years. Maybe he just blocked the archive.org bots.
19
20 Anyway, the stuff I've had to reconstruct is all from that snapshot. Unless other GDP members have anything newer in their devspaces, what you see on the WM is what you get.