From: Xavier Neys <neysx@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Referencing English files instead of translated ones
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 21:25:57
Jan Kundrát wrote:
> Hi all, > as I wanted to find out something I can slap rane (Polish translator) > with, I've written small script that checks if you are referencing > English file from other files even if you have given doc translated. My > simple script doesn't use metadoc.xml, so it will warn you if you have > some file in CVS but without metadoc.xml entry as well. > > Anyway, I've found out that Polish docs were up-to-date while Czech ones > weren't (not my fault, they were added before I became Lead Translator > for CS), but don't laugh at me, they have been fixed :-). > > In fact, it's not a script, only a simple line of bash, designed to be > run in gentoo/xml/htdocs/doc/$LANG/: > > for f in *.xml */*.xml; do grep -Rn en/`echo $f | sed "s:\./::"` .; done
Better use one that does not check comments, does not yield unwanted false positives (a wanted one would be a mention of the main English index with a link to /doc/en/index.xml eg.), does not forget handbook/2005.0, knows that a link to a dir is actually a link to {dir}/index.xml and outputs something readable. neysx@basil ~/gentoo.org/gentoo/xml/htdocs/doc/cs $ ../cl.rb ./handbook/hb-working-features.xml::/doc/en/distcc.xml ./handbook/index.xml::/doc/en/handbook/handbook-alpha.xml ./handbook/hb-install-about.xml::/doc/en/faq.xml ./handbook/handbook.xml::/doc/en/handbook/handbook-alpha.xml Looks like you should have been slapped twice as much, or twice as hard, as rane, not even mentioning a Russian slap for closing a bug without pinging the assignee, and one more from releng, and... now my catfish needs a rest, the drought has made him weary. cl.rb should be run from /doc/$LANG Just leave it in /doc and use "../cl.rb" from your /doc/$LANG. "../cl.rb|grep -v 2004" would hide unmaintained old books. Cheers, -- / Xavier Neys \_ Gentoo Documentation Project / French & Internationalisation Lead \ http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en /\

cl.rb text/plain