From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] Updated date in handbook
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 14:27:44
1 Hi guys,
2
3 Something else I noticed is that we sometimes get questions in #gentoo or
4 even #gentoo-doc about the "Updated" date of the Gentoo Handbook(s). Because
5 of how things work, the displayed date on the handbook pages is always the
6 one that is for the given file.
7
8 In case of the index page, this is a somewhat old(er) version as the index
9 page hardly changes. Yet that is the "Updated" version most people look at.
10
11 Would it be okay if I updated doc-struct.xsl so that for handbooks, the
12 updated version always matches the latest update?
13
14 Other possibilities are:
15 - On the index page, display the latest update, but on individual chapters,
16 keep the current used date
17 - Don't touch anything and stop harassing me with your suggestions
20 Sven Vermeulen