From: Xavier Neys <neysx@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Using guide.xsl stylesheet to format my own pages
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 10:02:37
Gianni Costanzi wrote:
> Ok, thank you very much Sven.. If I'll use the guide.xsl it will be > only for something related to Gentoo, for me and my friends and not > for some commercial work :-) (btw, I've read the name/logo guidelines) > > Thank you, > Gianni > > 2006/1/14, Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>: >> Legally you should adhere to the name/logo guidelines. Humane (which is more >> important anyway) tells you that, if the documentation is meant for Gentoo >> anyway (for instance because it is for testing, feedback requests, ...) >> there is absolutely no problem. >> >> Wkr, >> Sven Vermeulen
Hi Gianni, Thanks for asking. Sven said it all about using the current Gentoo look. You might want to use a refreshed version of that Jurassic guide.xsl. I created a new guide.xsl that supports recent additions to GuideXML including the date formatting and localised inserts, all in a single file. It is not much more than a dump of all the xsl that is used by guide.xsl, the month names and all inserts, without metadoc checks and a few tweaks, mainly in links. As a full guide.xsl is a bit large, so I also removed support for all foreign languages and made an English only one, and especially for you, one with support for Italian :) All languages: http://dev.gentoo.org/~neysx/g.xsl English only: http://dev.gentoo.org/~neysx/g-en.xsl w/ support for Italian: http://dev.gentoo.org/~neysx/g-it.xsl Cheers, -- / Xavier Neys \_ Gentoo Documentation Project / /\ http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/