From: Zhang Le <r0bertz@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] A new lead
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 02:08:11
1 On 14:01 Mon 01 Nov , Joshua Saddler wrote:
2 > Hi guys. As of today, Xavier Neys (neysx) has been retired by infra.
3 > So we need a new GDP lead. I've been poking people about this for a
4 > year or so now on IRC, asking if anyone was interested in taking
5 > over. Most folks have told me to just go ahead and do it, since
6 > I've kinda had that role, as a de facto position ever since neysx went
7 > MIA a long, long time ago.
8 >
9 > However, if anyone else has the inclination, skillz, time, etc. to
10 > take on the leadership role, please speak up. Otherwise, I'll go
11 > ahead and take over the project.
12
13 I thought you have already been the lead, ;)
16 > On another note, we need some fresh blood. Translators can always use
17 > some folks, but we need s'more English speakers besides me to fix
18 > bugs and patch docs.
19 >
20 > There's a recent discussion on moving to git from CVS; maybe such a
21 > move would lower the barrier to community contribution. If it would
22 > do so, I'm all for it. We desperately need the help.
23
24 +1
29 Zhang, Le
30 Gentoo/Loongson Developer
31 http://zhangle.is-a-geek.org
32 0260 C902 B8F8 6506 6586 2B90 BC51 C808 1E4E 2973