From: aeriksson@××××××××.fm
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] stage1-uclibc build error
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 12:43:24
1 > On Monday 02 August 2004 07:52 am, aeriksson@××××××××.fm wrote:
2 > > Are all stages supposed to be "emerge -e" able, or
3 > > are they sort of forced together using other means?
4 >
5 > other means ...
6 > stage1 -> stage2 is done via bootstrap script
7
8 That one doesn't work. Is that known? I could regenerate the log if
9 needed.
12 > stage2 -> stage3 is done via `emerge system`
13
14 Knew about this one. I should have formulated my question better.
15 'emerge system' and 'emerge -e system' doesn't not generate the same
16 chain of events. In the latter case everything is rebuild from the
17 ground up (does that include uclibc? remember something about glibc
18 being excluded from the rebuild...), while in the former stuff that's
19 already in there are not rebuilt and used as stepping stones for the
20 builds. I guess -e _should_ work, I'm just curious if they do work
21 already or if there are some hacks in there...
22
23 /A
26 > > I noticed that
27 > > perl does trigger a dependency on automake, causing a dependency loop.
28 >
29 > there's a bug open about that
30 > -mike
31 >