From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Using Gentoo embedded
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 05:45:17
1 On Thursday 20 July 2006 05:09, Kfir Lavi wrote:
2 > I would like to get an opinion if gentoo embedded is the right distro for
3 > me.
4
5 probably not at this time
6
7 > At the start I have to build a small linux system that will support
8 > multimedia on x86, then we will move to ARM.
9 > If I'm building sort of generic gentoo system, will it be easy to move
10 > it to ARM?
11
12 that all depends ... using Gentoo/x86 embedded is the same as using Gentoo/arm
13 embedded ... but if you want a pre-packaged system for deploying a target
14 system, then Gentoo/embedded isnt ready
15 -mike