From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: ps.m@×××.de
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] [Fwd: building glib w/o libiconv/iconv]
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 20:54:52
1 Can somebody please review this. I've got my hands full right now.
2 If it works, it would solve a few problems with some needed/desired
3 software under uClibc environments more so as it seems glib1 has been
4 depreciated @ gentoo.
5
6 I'm not sure myself about the free() in the iconv_close() function
7 without looking at the inner workings of glib2.
8
9 thanks in advance.
10
11 -----Forwarded Message-----
12 From: Peter S. Mazinger <ps.m@×××.net>
13 To: solar@g.o
14 Subject: building glib w/o libiconv/iconv
15 Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 21:25:15 +0200
16
17 Hello!
18
19 Could you tell me, if the attached patch provides correct dummies for
20 iconv{,_close,_open}. I am trying to build glib-2.4.6 w/o locale (so
21 iconv.h is not present, and I do not want to use libiconv)
22 Inspired from uClibc/{include/iconv.h,libc/misc/wchar/wchar.c}
23
24 Thanks, Peter
25 --
26 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
27 Gentoo (hardened,security,infrastructure,embedded,toolchain) Developer

glib-2.4.6-no_iconv.patch text/x-patch