From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] cross-compiling for Windows
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 04:52:02
1 On Sunday 24 November 2013 11:43:37 Marc Joliet wrote:
2 > The only real questions I have is if the MinGW page on the Gentoo Wiki [0]
3 > is in conflict with the following recommendation from the cross-compiler
4 > handbook [1]:
5 >
6 > "However, there are some scenarios, albeit fewer as time goes on, which
7 > causes portage to require or to inflict changes to real root. To keep
8 > your Gentoo installation clean, we highly recommend that crossdev
9 > installation and all cross-compiling activities occur inside a Gentoo
10 > stage3 chroot. (This is the same chroot you used to install Gentoo.)"
11
12 hrm, i don't know why that got added. i'll remove it.
13 -mike