From: Joakim Tjernlund <joakim.tjernlund@×××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] crossdev & multilib
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 13:06:28
1 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote on 2011/11/25 07:35:45:
2 >
3 > On Thursday 24 November 2011 08:13:02 Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
4 > > I want to build cross powerpc gcc which supports both soft and hard float
5 > > and a its supporting libs(glibc etc.) using crossdev.
6 > >
7 > > searched a while on the net but I can't make out if crossdev supports this
8 > > and how to do it so:
9 > > - is it possible?
10 > > - how do I do it?
11 >
12 > the latest crossdev should support the --abis flag for specifying all the ABI's
13
14 latest stable or unstable?
15
16 > you want built. but for ABI's portage doesn't know about, you'll probably
17 > have to add a bit more plumbing to multilib.eclass.
18
19 hmm, looking at multilib.eclass, this part looks like it need extension:
20
21 # This is for the toolchain to setup profile variables when pulling in
22 # a crosscompiler (and thus they aren't set in the profile)
23 multilib_env() {
24 local CTARGET=${1:-${CTARGET}}
25
26 case ${CTARGET} in
27 ...
28 powerpc64*)
29 export CFLAGS_ppc=${CFLAGS_ppc--m32}
30 export CHOST_ppc=${CTARGET/powerpc64/powerpc}
31 export CTARGET_ppc=${CHOST_ppc}
32 export LIBDIR_ppc="lib"
33
34 export CFLAGS_ppc64=${CFLAGS_ppc64--m64}
35 export CHOST_ppc64=${CTARGET}
36 export CTARGET_ppc64=${CHOST_ppc64}
37 export LIBDIR_ppc64="lib64"
38