From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] A-15 Dev boards
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 00:26:57
1 On Friday 26 April 2013 16:45:45 wireless wrote:
2 > On 04/26/13 16:06, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > depending on your exact needs, i might recommend a Samsung Arm
4 > > Chromebook:
5 > > http://dev.chromium.org/chromium-os/developer-information-for-chrome-os-
6 > > devices/samsung-arm-chromebook
7 > >
8 > > that's my main arm dev platform now, and it's a decent laptop to boot :).
9 > > it's also the same price as that dev board ($250).
10 >
11 > Interesting option. What OS do you run on that laptop?
12 > multiboot?
13
14 it ships with ChromeOS which is based on Gentoo and runs Linux. all the
15 source has been released for the u-boot & linux, and most of it has been
16 merged into the respective mainlines.
17
18 so that's what i run on it ... plain Gentoo.
19
20 > Note, the dev board I mentioned has SATA ports build in so you
21 > can put all sorts of different HD on the dev system. Still
22 > have an A15 SOC in a laptop package, is very appealing....
23
24 that is the one downside to the laptop. its main disk is 16GiB flash connected
25 to one of the eMMC ports. it has an additional SD port for cards (so i put a
26 64GiB in there), and it has two USB ports (2.0 and 3.0), so you could hook
27 external disks up. i would have loved to have a SATA port in there though.
28 -mike