From: Lee Azzarello <lee.azzarello@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-embedded] x86 SBC Gentoo Embedded HotTo version 0.07
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 18:51:10
On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 02:43 -0400, Marcel Romijn wrote:

> I'm using VMware as virtual machine for development. > Theoretically, VMware could also be used as target machine to test a > compiled kernel and system image. > However, the hardware that VMware emulates is of course not the same as > the VIA Epia boards. So a running system on a VMware session is no > guarantee for a running system on the real hardware.
For those of you who don't like high licence fees and usage restrictions, the Xen virtual machine monitor is GPL software and can run Linux or FreeBSD guest operating systems. It features direct PCI device access and full hardware emulation at near native speeds. There are rumors that it'll run Windows as a guest in future versions. -- Lee Azzarello Network Engineer Progressive Solutions +1 212 937 8939 -- gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list