From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] init Id "s0" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 14:52:45
1 Hi,
2
3 On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 16:47:39 +0200 "Jean Blignaut" <jean@×××××××.biz>
4 wrote:
5
6 > I've removed tts/0 and ttyS0 lines from /etc/securetty booting now...
7
8 Should not make a difference, because this file is not directly checked
9 by init.
10
11 > Nope my favorite respawning message is still there
12
13 Hm. Is there by chance any initrd/initramfs that may contain an
14 additional inittab? Those would be loaded by the bootloader or compiled
15 into the kernel image.
16
17 > The only other place I see tts is in /etc/udev/rules.d/50-udev.rules
18 > And some how I don't think that's a place I want to remove it from
19
20 Yep, should be absolutely unnecessary. That respawning message is from
21 init and such due to issues within inittab. Whatever inittab that may
22 be.
23
24 -hwh
25 --