From: solar <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] quickpkg and PKG_INSTALL_MASK
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 17:53:19
1 On Sun, 2011-12-25 at 11:34 +0200, Kfir Lavi wrote:
4 > On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 3:23 PM, Joakim Tjernlund
5 > <joakim.tjernlund@×××××××××.se> wrote:
6 >
7 > I got the impression from docs that PKG_INSTALL_MASK would
8 > actually
9 > mask files out so they never get into the binary package, this
10 > doesn't
11 > seem to happen.
12 > Did I misunderstand? If I did, I think an MASK to do the above
13 > would be a worthy addition to quickpkg, very useful for
14 > embedded targets to keep the pkg size down.
15 > Also PKG_INSTALL_KEEP which would list files keep(rest is
16 > dropped) would be nice.
17 >
18 > Oh, something else I wonder about. How does pre/post install
19 > work with
20 > quickpkgs? Is it possible to have such scripts and then have
21 > qmerge execute
22 > them?
23 >
24 > Jocke
27 > Yes, PKG_INSTALL_MASK on time of installation will mask the files
28 > defined in it.
29 > Binary package do contain all files, even the masked files.
30 > Kfir
33 $PKG_INSTALL_MASK is supposed to omit the files in it's list from making
34 it into the binary pkgs in the first place. The idea there was to make
35 smaller binary pkgs for embedded devices and such (for use only with
36 private repos).
37
38 $INSTALL_MASK is supposed to omit the files listed in it from being
39 installed on the file system.
42 solar <solar@g.o>
43 Gentoo Linux