From: Marcelo Coelho <marcelocoelho@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] My first GNAP use: error: umount: /dev/loop/0
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 10:45:40
1 2006/7/14, Thierry Carrez <koon@g.o>:
2 > Marcelo Coelho wrote:
3 >
4 > > I'm trying GNAP for the first time. Now i'm trying to create a disk
5 > > image to put into a pentium 200 to use it as a router and ADSL
6 > > gateway.
7 > >
8 > > For now, i tried to start the creation of the image, with
9 > > gnap_overlay -L newimagefile.img -S 14 -r hda1 -o my_overlay/
10 > >
11 > > but i had the following,
12 > >
13 > > [...]
14 > > Can it be a bug or is a mistake i'm doing?
15 >
16 > It can be a bug. The image file support comes from an external patch
17 > that was not so well tested... Maybe some missing loopback support in
18 > the kernel.
19 >
20 > You can also have a look at the gnap_overlay script and see what else
21 > could be failing. I suspect the mount is not checked for errors or
22 > something like that, unfortunately I have no time to check right now.
23 >
24 > As a workaround, you could try to mount your P200 hard disk into your
25 > workstation (as /dev/hdd or whatever) and use overlay to disk directly
26 > (rather than using an intermediary image file). This is way better tested ;)
27
28 Yeah, absolutely. I'm just trying to avoid the noise that the hd makes : )
29 This weekend i won't time to do it, but next week i'll check that. If
30 there is a bug in the script i'll tell you guys.
33 Have a nice week-end!
34 --
35 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list