From: Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Some good words for Gentoo embedded?
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 21:17:37
1 Hi,
2 I'm using Gentoo for few years now, and had some experience in the past with
3 Gentoo embedded.
4 Now I'm facing a customer that wants explanation why using Gentoo as an
5 embedded system will be a good choice.
6 How do you shrink a 10 years experience to half an hour talk to people that
7 think Ubuntu is a good embedded choice.
8 I'm guessing they will ask for type of distros for embedded compared to
9 Gentoo.
10 From my head I know just by name Buildroot and Montavista.
11
12 What will be the major points I need to make in order to convert their
13 minds from Ubuntu to Gentoo embedded?
14 Could you share also some of your experience with Gentoo Embedded?
15
16 Thinking about it, its very hard for me to contemplate in words "Why
17 Gentoo?" for people that don't understand Linux, but are educated and very
18 experienced in software.
19
20 Thanks in advance for your help,
21 Kfir