From: Christopher Friedt <chrisfriedt@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] gcc-4.6 / bionic
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 16:05:43
On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 9:48 AM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
> if you installed portage-utils, you could use `qlist`.  and if you used binary > packages, you could use `qmerge` to manage things.  should be simpler than > python + emerge ...
Oh, i know... portage-utils is great, i've used it for a long time. I tried to build it on bionic, but portage-utils requires a few features in glibc that don't exist in bionic (yet) - glob.h, etc. Then I ended up just statically linking (from i686-pc-linux-gnu), but it still wasn't working for, e.g. "qlist jamvm". I guess what I'll be started with (after ~Tuesday) is rebuilding everything from scratch using my overlay, adding any remaining patches / ironing out any bugs, and then making a public overlay. Mike, where do you suggest I make the overlay? I was thinking to put it up on sf.net since they've had git access for a while. That will do until o.g.o picks up (if they do). Cheers, C