From: Kristian Benoit <kbenoit@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Interactive command
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 22:46:09
I'm trying to add a new command to ebuild (preconfig) for packages like
busybox that has to be configured prior to compile and that would be a
cannot really use USE as it probably have undreads of USE that does not
yet exist.

That new command would be called between src_unpack and src_compile and
only if FEATURES contain preconfig.

Anyway, the problem is when I run "make menuconfig" from src_preconfig,
I get a dumb terminal (I cannot send keys to the menuconfig, but it
works for vim):

pressing down prints "^[OB"
pressing up prints "^[OA"
the COLUMNS/LINES are unset...

So I wonder if there is a way to make interactive command work from an
ebuild. I know the config command should allow interactiveness.

Kristian