From: Markus Rothe <corsair@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] initramfs - kbd_mode: can't open console
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 06:53:36
1 Hello,
2
3 I built a kernel image containing an initramfs based on busybox, openrc and
4 stuff. It works fairly well, except one small error I do not understand.
5 While /etc/init.d/keymaps starts I'm getting the following error:
6
7 kbd_mode: can't open console
8
9 Please see the attached output for a full listing of the boot process and a
10 run of "/etc/init.d/keymaps -d restart" (debug output).
11
12 Might the problem be, that there is no graphics cards attached to this device?
13 Although it boots without error, if I run the full Gentoo installation. It's
14 a Genesi Efika ([1]) by the way.
15
16 Does anybody know what's causing this error?
17
18 Regards,
19
20 -markus