From: "Dennis.Yxun" <dennis.yxun@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Trying to Make Cross compile more firendly
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 00:07:12
1 On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 4:51 PM, Sven Rebhan <odinshorse@××××××××××.com>wrote:
2
3 > 2009/3/26 Dennis.Yxun <dennis.yxun@×××××.com>:
4 > > So I just tweaked the CFLAGS and LDFLAGS[3]. I have no idea whill there
5 > be
6 > > any problem with this. Still struggling and so far I got here.
7 > > Any idea about how to make embedded people's life easy would be great.
8 > > We may share the same problem. So I put the thread here, hope can drag
9 > > people's attention
10 >
11 > Hi Dennis,
12 >
13 > we, the Openmoko people have very similar problems (even though for
14 > armv4tl-softfloat) with cross-compiling and have quite a number of
15 > fixes in our overlay http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/embedded/browser
16 > . Please also take a look at our project page http://gentoo.mindzoo.de
17 > . There you can also find a new modified version of libtools-2.2.6a
18 > rendering most of the -L$ROOT/lib -L$ROOT/usr/lib hacks unnecessary.
19 > It would be very cool if we could join forces to both test and fix
20 > ebuilds there (or anywhere else in a common repository).
21 >
22 > Best regards,
23 >
24 > Sven 'sleipnir' Rebhan
25 >
26 > HI Sven:
27 We do share some problems and also I have a FR (GTA02) ^)^
28 I actually spent a few time study gentoo-openmoko before putting my hands
29 into
30 pandora's.
31 It would be a good idea to setup a common embedded overlay, so we can
32 share
33 something and more people will benefit.
34 Thank you for your information, and gentoo-openmoko people really have
35 done a great job.
36 Really appreciate.
37
38 Dennis 'Openfree' Yxun