From: Tim Harder <radhermit@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] msp4300 toolchain
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 01:00:50
On 2011-12-20 Tue 04:51, David Relson wrote:
> > There is a msp430-gcc package in portage. Have you tried that ? I've > > once upon a time used a toolchain from: > > http://cdk4msp.sourceforge.net/ > > Best regards, > > Maciej Grela
> In the ebuild in dev-embedded/msp430-gcc is the following line:
> is_crosscompile || die "Only cross-compile builds are supported"
> I'm not sure exactly what it means, but it seems to mean that this > ebuild can only be used when cross-compiling, i.e. when building gcc to > _run_ on the msp430.
> I want to build a cross-compiler, i.e. a gcc that will run on my x86_64 > and create code to run on the msp430.
That line means exactly what you want, i.e. you can only build msp430-gcc for cross-compiling from your amd64/x86/etc host to an msp430 target. If you have any troubles building the msp430 toolchain in the tree with crossdev please file a bug and I'll look into it since I'm the primary maintainer for the msp430 toolchain on Gentoo. Thanks, Tim