From: Liang Peng <pengliang.sdu@×××××.com>
To: Christopher Friedt <chrisfriedt@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Re: about gentoo-bionic
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 13:10:33
1 On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 7:20 PM, Christopher Friedt <chrisfriedt@×××××.com>wrote:
2
3 > On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 2:29 AM, Liang Peng <pengliang.sdu@×××××.com>
4 > wrote:
5 > > I am interesting in your project gentoo-bionic, but their is only
6 > empty
7 > > project in Gitorious and google code,
8 > > have you finished this project?
9 >
10 > The Google Code page is actually not empty [1]. The rest will be more
11 > populated once more testing has been done.
12 >
13 > I've chosen to provide the overlay / source / binaries as a tarball
14 > for now until a few more people have tested it out. Actually, this is
15 > a good reminder to put together a small qemu image so that people
16 > could easily try out. I've been putting that off since work has been
17 > fairly busy lately. Also, I really need to upload the arm toolchain I
18 > built too.
19 >
20 > Note to self...
21 >
22 > > And is it possible to add bionic to be supported by crossdev?
23 >
24 > Yes, please see the link at [1].
25 >
26 > > What‘s the simple way to build a cross compile platform for android
27 > by
28 > > “#crossdev -t armeb-android-linux-bionic" ?
29 >
30 > It would be something like that except for two exceptions.
31 >
32 > 1) The arm port of bionic is only arm eabi compatible (which implies
33 > little-endianness IIRC)
34 > 2) The 'android' vendor string has no effect as far as crossdev is
35 > concerned. It's better to use softfloat, hardfloat, or unknown. Please
36 > see the crossdev and embedded guides at [2], [3]
37 >
38 > I would suggest something more like
39 >
40 > crossdev -S --g 4.6.0 --target armv7a-softfloat-linux-bioniceabi
41 >
42 > (but only after you've set up the overlay).
45 > For further discussion, please write on the gentoo-embedded mailing
46 > list [4]. You can also check out this thread [5] for more information.
47 >
48 > Cheers,
49 >
50 > Chris
51 >
52 > [1] http://code.google.com/p/gentoo-bionic/downloads/list
53 > [2] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/cross-development.xml
54 > [3] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/
55 > [4] http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/lists.xml
56 > [5]
57 > http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-embedded/msg_65b2bde365491614105b665c9685da51.xml
60 Thanks very much for so detailed and expert help.
63 Best regards,
64 Peng Liang