From: Chad Files <cpfiles@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] ALSA
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 20:39:47
1 Has anybody successfully loaded ALSA in an embedded environment? I
2 have been trying for several days to get it to work. Here is what I
3 have tried so far...
4
5 I started out with ALSA compiled into the kernel (2.6.17.6). After
6 doing a MAKEDEV to get all of the device pointers I was able to get
7 alsamixer to work, but anything that tries to play sound fails.
8
9 Now I have alsa compiled as a module and I cannot even get the modules to load.
10
11 All of this was done as root so it should not be a permission thing. I
12 am also using a VIA AC97 sound card (on a Mini-ITX board).
13
14 Any help at all would be nice.
15
16 Thanks