From: Tim Harder <radhermit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] OSWALD
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 17:08:10
1 On 2010-08-02 Mon 08:03, wireless wrote:
2 > Congratulations to whoever is working this behind the scenes......
3
4 Thanks, I've been the main software dev behind the OSWALD and have
5 enjoyed using Gentoo for a number of years now. I thought the OSWALD
6 would be a great way to help forward the embedded side of Gentoo.
7
8 I'm hoping to soon start contributing back some of the ebuilds and other
9 software I've developed along the way for the OSWALD since I'm only a
10 week or two away from becoming an official Gentoo dev.
11
12 Currently the project looks a little dead since we are between funding
13 cycles and are looking to produce more devices so we have more stock on
14 hand. However, we've secured funds to continue expanding the project
15 this next school year and I'll continue working on the software side of
16 things.
17
18 > Now, were do we, the rank and file hackers, purchase a OSWALD embedded
19 > dev kit from? In the article they seem to indicate that larger
20 > production runs are in the offerings to come?
21
22 If you're interested, I could probably hook a couple more Gentoo
23 embedded devs with OSWALDs at reduced prices. We currently have a
24 limited supply on hand due to previous manufacturing and funding issues,
25 but there are probably enough to hand a few out, especially if you
26 contribute back to the OSWALD project.
27
28 Also, we are currently looking into the next hardware platform that the
29 device will be based on in future years. I'm all for continuing with the
30 upcoming OMAP4 platform, but we'll see where things go.
31
32 If you have any more questions let me know.
33
34 Tim