From: Erwan Bracq <boxr1@××××.fr>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 07:38:24
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Friday 14 July 2006 04:28, Ned Ludd wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 23:34 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> On Thursday 13 July 2006 04:06, r1 wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>>> I'm trying to subscribe to the gentoo-arm mailing list but the mail
9 >>>> could not be delivered. Is this mailing list alive ?
10 >>>>
11 >>> no, i had it killed
12 >>>
13 >>>
14 >>>> or Does an
15 >>>> new/alternative mailing list talking about arm exist ?
16 >>>>
17 >>> your e-mailing the new list now
18 >>>
19 >> Can you please add the list back.
22 > no, it rarely got traffic
25 >> This list should not be dealing with native compiles of glibc.
28 > i dont see why not ... Gentoo embedded is for embedded processors ... so while
29 > we highly encourage uClibc, i dont see why we should cock block glibc
30 > -mike
33 Hi,
34
35 > i dont see why not ... Gentoo embedded is for embedded processors ... so while
36 > we highly encourage uClibc, i dont see why we should cock block glibc
37 > -mike
38
39 I agree that uClibc is focused for embedded system and should be
40 preferred to glibc but now some customers prefer glibc on embedded
41 system for some psychological reasons (most of them believe that uClibc
42 is not enough ready). Furthermore I will not be surprised that we will
43 continue to use glibc because NAND/NOR chip memory capabilities are
44 growing and for specific mobile products we can now find HDD inside.
45
46 R1.
47 --
48 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list