From: Marcus Priesch <marcus@××××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] looking for a embedded platform with extended temperature range
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 19:05:12
1 Hi guys,
2
3 thanks for all your great suggestions - and sorry for not having
4 answered you sooner ...
5
6 let me share some more info on the subject ...
7
8 for one project we will go with standard mini-itx mainboards and a
9 heating in the case - and of course with ssd instead of hdd ...
10
11 for the other one i found a really nice device from germany calla MoRoS:
12
13 http://www.insys-tec.de/moros-gprs/
14
15 despite the fact that this is fully linux powered and has tons of nice
16 features (gsm/grps/umts, rs232, 4xethernet) - the *main* feature for me
17 is that you can upload a so called "sandbox" image with your own linux
18 programs - supported by denx eldk ... its arm based, but i have not got
19 more detailed spec about the internals until now ...
20
21 i know this is not really "embedded" the gentoo way ;) - but i think
22 this could be well suited for some nice hacked up projects ;)
23
24 the other interesting thing i found is the fit-pc from compulab.co.il.
25 has any of you any experiences with this device ?
26
27 http://www.fit-pc.com
28
29 basically this is a very low power (6-8 watts) atom platform - according
30 to information i got from compulab the boards are also available in -20
31 to 70 and -40 to 85° - but only for 100+ pieces and you have to buy a
32 development board also - which is in the range of about $800.
33
34 the complete fit-pc (atom 1.6 ghz, 1gb ram, wlan but no hdd) is about
35 255eur here in austria ... and is certified from 0 to 70° ...
36
37 i will take a closer look at the igep's now ...
38
39 regards and all the best from austria,
40 marcus.