From: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>
To: Daniel <dragonheart@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Some comments on uclibc-buildroot ebuild
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 08:28:29
1 On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Daniel wrote:
2
3 > --[PinePGP]--------------------------------------------------[begin]--
4 >
5 > All this is still work in progress. The install stuff isn't working and I is
6 > here for testing only. Hopefully won't be too lonkg now.
9 > > Hello!
10 > G'day
11 > >
12 > > 1. the pie-option patch enforces COMPLETELY_PIC (because it is unsettable
13 > > from .config), both occurences can be removed
14 >
15 > k done.
16 >
17 > > 2. use etdyn should change to use pie, and it is mandatory due to the fact
18 > > that if PROFILING is active, libc has text relocations, and won't work
19 > > with the current settings (FORCE_SHAREABLE_TEXT_SEGMENTS). The other way
20 > > would be to remove COMPLETELY_PIC as requirement from
21 > > FORCE_SHAREABLE_TEXT_SEGMENTS (it is unused in the sources, I have
22 > > alreaddy proposed it to the uclibc devs), than
23 > > FORCE_SHAREABLE_TEXT_SEGMENTS can be set through .config (and the
24 > > pie-option patch has to be slightly modified)
25 > > the PROFILING option could also be moved to use debug.
26 >
27 > changed to use pie && disable profileing.
28 >
29 > > 3. the DOWNLOAD_LOCALE_PREGENERATED_DATA it first set to no (this is OK),
30 > > after that changed. If you copy the tarball to extra/locale dir, than it
31 > > is not needed to be downloaded, so I propose to leave it unset, and use it
32 > > for x86. If you do not use the pregenerated data, then I had problems
33 > > building them within an rpm-build. It works though from the commandline. I
34 > > think, the background processing through rpm (this could influence gentoo
35 > > building too) is somehow the problem and it segfaults.
36 >
37 > I had problems generating data although I suspects its because I don't have
38 > the locals I'm trying to generate. I'll need to work out how locale stuff
39 > works and add some error checking to the generation. I aim to add the
40 > locale.txt and codesets.txt to a /etc/embedded config setting too.
41
42 For now you need a locale supporting environment to build the
43 locales data. Manuel is working on removing this dependancy (Feb/Mar). I
44 have (re)generated the data myself in a glibc env (removing stuff not
45 used by me, I want to go only with UTF locales, 8859-1(5) is last resort,
46 but no other), and then used it in the build process instead of the
47 pregenerated data. If you need it for other archs, gentoo's devs have
48 access to the different archs, ask them to generate the data and create
49 the tarballs (uClibc-locale-arch-date.tgz) and you'll copy these over the
50 original one (see uclibc.spec).
51
52 > > 4. if you want to build your own data, then LOCALES has to be copied to
53 > > locales.txt
54 >
55 > Thanks.
56 >
57 > > 5. if you unset UCLIBC_HAS_LOCALE, then all the other related options are
58 > > unset (XLOCALE, etc)
59 >
60 > Good done.
61 >
62 > > 6. the pie-option patch is applied again in src_compile
65 > That was very silly. Thanks for pointing it out.
66 >
67 > > See attached diff to show what I have all meant.
70 > Great. ;-)
71 >
72 > > Peter
73 >
74 > --
75 > Daniel Black <dragonheart@g.o>
76 > --[PinePGP]-----------------------------------------------------------
77 > gpg: WARNING: using insecure memory!
78 > gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/faq.html for more information
79 > gpg: Signature made Mon 02 Feb 2004 03:12:40 AM CET using DSA key ID 32A64DC8
80 > gpg: Can't check signature: public key not found
81 > PinePGP: Encryption backend encountered error.
86 Peter S. Mazinger <ps dot m at gmx dot net> ID: 0xA5F059F2
87 Key fingerprint = 92A4 31E1 56BC 3D5A 2D08 BB6E C389 975E A5F0 59F2
91 Miert fizetsz az internetert? Korlatlan, ingyenes internet hozzaferes a FreeStarttol.
92 Probald ki most! http://www.freestart.hu
95 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list