From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] baselayout-lite
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 19:58:51
1 On Sun, 2007-11-18 at 19:43 +0100, Petric Frank wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > currently building an embedded environment for a x86 style machine.
5 > I use baselayout-lite as environment as shown in
6 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/TinyGentoo
7 >
8 > What about having a stripped down version runscript ?
9
10 I have one in my alpine linux distro.
11
12 http://dev.alpinelinux.org/alpine/alpine-baselayout/
13 svn://svn.alpinelinux.org/alpine-portage/trunk/sys-apps/alpine-baselayout/
14
15 > The nice thing i saw with it was that runscript and the companion scripts
16 > properly controls the dependencies (with help of the initscripts).
17 >
18 > Also on that way i do not have to write my own scripts (to be located
19 > in /etc/init.d/) and use the ones provided by the packages instead.
20 >
21 > What do you think about this ?
22
23 I addition to my own alpine-baselayout, baselayout-2 should be
24 compatible with busybox. Marc Blumentritt has done a great work theese
25 days to use mdev as udev replacement to work. (see archives for this
26 list)
27
28 > regards
29 > Petric