From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: Jakub Ladman <ladmanj@×××××.cz>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] configure error, looking for libraries in wrong directory, what did i wrong?
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 21:25:51
1 On Wednesday 05 December 2007, Jakub Ladman wrote:
2 > I use crosscompiler toolchain produced by script from cirrus logic website
3 > instead of crossdev (crossdev failed to do that)
4
5 not exactly crossdev's fault. the cirrus one most likely has heavily patched
6 things. besides, the tuple they're using is plain wrong. there is
7 no "uclibcgnueabi". but whatever.
8
9 > I use the attached script armemerge.
10 > But if i try something like -
11 > # ./armemerge -va libsdl
12 > - i get this error
13 >
14 > configure:2420: checking for C compiler default output file name
15 > configure:2423:
16 > arm-linux-uclibcgnueabi-gcc -Os -pipe -L/home/ladmanj/cirrus/gentoo/lib
17 > -L/home/ladmanj/cirrus/gentoo/usr/lib -L/usr/local/arm/ep93xx-eabi-d1/lib
18 > -I/usr/local/arm/ep93xx-eabi-d1/include conftest.c >&5
19 > /usr/local/arm/ep93xx-eabi-d1/lib/gcc/arm-linux-uclibcgnueabi/4.1.2/../../.
20 >./../arm-linux-uclibcgnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find /lib/uclibc_nonshared.a
21 >
22 > the not founded file is present in one of the LDFLAGS -L directories, but
23 > it still tries to load it from absolute /lib path
24
25 their install script did something wrong. they probably didnt build gcc with
26 sysroot support, or the path they gave it is different from yours. most
27 likely the libc.so linker script is requesting "/lib/uclibc_nonshared.a" but
28 binutils has no idea how to locate it properly.
29
30 a proper setup would have binutils/gcc configured for sysroot and when looking
31 for "/lib/......." it'd actually prefix the sysroot. it also looks like they
32 arent properly setting the dev path and the run time path. otherwise it'd be
33 failing to find /usr/lib/uclibc_nonshared.a.
34
35 eeeeeeeeeeither way, i feel like this error would be reproducable without
36 emerge. this probably fails as well:
37 $ echo 'int main(){}' > test.c
38 $ arm-linux-uclibcgnueabi-gcc test.c
39
40 > If i made there a symlink, then it goes trough it and stops at a next file
41 > also not founded at /lib
42
43 if you're making symlinks/renaming system things, your toolchain is fucked.
44 stop trying to hodgepodge it.
45 -mike