From: Sebastian Rodriguez <sniper.mdr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Using iptables alone without shorewall/firehol
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:32:33
1 yes, thats exactly what I wanted to know ^^
2 I am going to install gnap on my wrap this week-end.
3
4 On 7/14/05, Thierry Carrez <koon@g.o> wrote:
5 >
6 > Sebastian Rodriguez wrote:
7 > > yes it helps of course, the thing is: by default iptables doesnt start
8 > > wit gnap? Oo as shorewall adn firehol are based on iptables I tought it
9 > > would start at boot
10 >
11 > USE_FW=yes will add iptables + shorewall (or firehol) to the runlevel.
12 >
13 > With USE_FW=no you won't have any of them.
14 >
15 > So if you so USE_FW=no and START_SERVICES="iptables" you will start
16 > iptables without starting shorewall/firehol, which seems to be what you
17 > want to do.
18 >
19 > --
20 > Koon