From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] arm router with 3 ports
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 16:13:28
1 Ed W wrote:
2
3 > Just a note, but I got a quote on a bunch of the LannerInc boards and
4 > they seem quite affordable for what you get. You need to call them to
5 > get your own prices, but they seem to run about $300-400 depending on
6 > board and spec for the Atom devices with lots of network ports.
7
8 > Obviously these are quite a lot more power hungry than some ARM device,
9 > but if you want to filter 8x gig E ports then I wonder if you need
10 > something a bit more beefy anyway?
11
12 > Ed W
15 Thanks Ed for the info. I use way less than 10 Mbps, so
16 these boards (atom & GigE) are overkill. LOW POWER is the
17 quintessential goal, and I like ARM processors for a variety
18 of other reasons: cost, many suppliers, most JTAG setups are
19 excellent, assembler is very cool on ARM, embeddable on SOC
20 or FPGA, etc, etc.
23 James