From: Natanael Copa <mlists@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: nangel@×××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] alpine - built with uclibc gentoo
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 23:06:32
1 I'm wokring on a gentoo-embedded/uclib-bering based ipsec cdrom
2 firewall. (actually i'm wokring on the framework to build it) the cd
3 is suppesd to run from RAM, with runtime modules loaded from cdrom (or
4 network) at boottime and config from floppy (or USB stick)
5
6 First I was thinking of building a gentoo live CD but that would
7 require a reboot for every upgrade. So it has to be kind of
8 bering/uclibc-bering. I'd like to be able to keep some good uptimes on
9 those boxes :)
10
11 Hardened kernel 2.6.7-r7, uclibc-0.9.26-r5 without stack-protector i
12 think (how do I check?) and BusyBox v1.00-rc2 (I just renamed the
13 busybox ebuild to get a newer version)
14
15 http://home.tiscali.no/natanael/software/alpine-0.0.1-20040810.iso
16
17 Still its just the kernel booting and a busybox shell.
18
19 But its a start.
20
21 I'm not really sure if I want to make a brand new linux distro - there
22 are too many of them already, but I don't really see any other
23 alternatives.
26 Natanael Copa
29 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list