From: Karl Hiramoto <karl@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Looking for low-latency docs
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 18:06:43
1 wireless wrote:
2 > Hello,
5 > I'd be curious to see any discussions/links others
6 > have related to the various options for low-latency
7 > (kernels &) techniques, either legacy or current,
8 > that are available/recommended for embedded
9 > gentoo. Any other embedded linux distros
10 > discussions/links related to low latency
11 > are of interest too.
14 > Any discussion of experiences
15 > with your low-latency efforts are also of
16 > interest to me, specific the the kernel or
17 > otherwise.
20 > A treatise or technical doc (discussion)
21 > would be keen. My googling has produced many
22 > "low quality" urls.... out of the morass of
23 > links.... (so I'm missing something on my
24 > searches)
25 > Some man pages to set the scheduler:
26 >
27 You might want to explain what you are doing, or what you are trying to achive.
28
29 1ms-5ms latency in a user space process should be very easy to achieve on a fast machine. If you want 10s of micro-second latency your going to have tough time.
30
31 It all depends on what your trying to do as to what the best strategy may be.
32
33 If your writing C code see:
34
35 man sched_setscheduler