From: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>
To: Daniel <dragonheart@×××××××.au>
Cc: david@×××××××××.com, gentoo-embedded@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Re: uclibc buildroot/ toolchain
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 18:10:13
Hello!

Some proposals for uclibc.ebuild 20031206 (reading it only, not tested):

1. do not activate SYS_SIGLIST (and SYS_ERRLIST), they are obsoleted and
no SuSv3 requirement, probably will be removed, and they are easy to replace
(using sed if you like), there are not so many packages until now where I
needed it to patch.

sys_siglist[sig] = strsignal(sig) /* util-linux */
sys_errlist[err] = strerror(err)  /* iputils, tcp_wrappers */

2. use busybox and tinylogin cvs snapshots (or at least 1.0.0-pre4 for
busybox), the changes from 0.60.5 are massive.

3. I do not understand why WGET has to be set to true, if you have all
the needed files in sources/dl (DL_DIR), nothing will be downloaded.

4. check uclibc.config and -locale, they are not always in sync (as
of this writing UNIX98PTY_ONLY is different). My build procedure runs make
defconfig (getting defaults for arch), after that I add echo
"CONFIG_<option>=y/n" >> .config and rerun make oldconfig (look in
uclibc.spec). Easier though is to have only the locale config, copy to
.config ,echo "CONFIG_LOCALE=n" >> .config, make oldconfig to get
nonlocal.

5. No comment on src_install, do not know gentoo requirements, but check
the files in $ROOT/usr/lib/gcc-lib/*/version/include, I had here a
"fixed" zutil.h and linux/nls.h, there could be others too (my build
system was minimal at that moment) and it looks like all these get higher
priority as those installed in $ROOT/usr/include subdir (and you'll end up
building against different version of headers and libs)

6. My changes to (non-locale) config are:
- CONFIG_PROFILING=n (for "use etdyn" it should be a requirement due to
TEXTREL in libc.so, checked up to cvs)
- PTHREADS_DEBUG_SUPPORT=n if non-debugging
- MALLOC_GLIBC_COMPAT=n
- UNIX98PTY_ONLY=y
- UCLIBC_HAS_SCANF_GLIBC_GLIBC_A_FLAG=n /* not really implemented */
- UCLIBC_HAS_TZ_FILE_READ_MANY=n /* we change only once /etc/TZ */

Best regards, Peter

files Peter S. Mazinger <ps.m@×××.net>   ID: 0xA5F059F2    NIC: IXUYHSKQLI