From: Daniel Glaser <lists@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] emerge --root : users not created
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 08:54:04
1 Hi,
2 > ...
3 > Looking at useradd.c at least four filenames should be changed;
4 > passwd, shadow, group and sgroup.
5 >
6 > The password db abstraction does allow easy changing of the file
7 > names, but home directory, skel directory, mail spool and probably
8 > more should also be changed, so maybe it makes sense to simply have
9 > useradd call chroot() according to an option early on in main()?
10 >
11 This will definitely not work on cross targets? I think, there is not a
12 real workaround for post-installes that need to run on the target
13 plattform, according to my experience. I always emerged such packages on
14 the target itself, leading sometimes to very high compilation times.
15
16 The cleanest way would be an execute stack that gets created/extended
17 while cross building and processed when the target starts the next time,
18 but this would mean a really huge work amount to implement in ebuilds
19 and the system itself.
20
21 Cheers,
22 Daniel